Do you distress?

I started working on a companion layout to this one I posted a few months ago. I stamped with acrylic on the polka dot BG paper and used paint to distress it around the edges. The photo mats were painted also, but the color in my photograph is a little off, not quite so minty. After I finished most of the LO, I decided I didn't like how there was so much dark BG on the large photo. I'd always admired photo distressing and thought I would try to create a kind of shabby/mystical look with this photo. I used paint around the edges and then masked closely to the image and splattered perfect pearls. I was going to add a little white paint, but decided to do some scratching on the photo instead. Overall, I think I like it. As this layout is going in my daughter's album, I hope she likes it. Have you ever altered your photographs? I'd love to see them. Can you leave me a link?

2 Leave a comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the look of what you did on the photo - all frosty & gardenfairy magical, so it fits the layout really well. Also love the pearls and butterflys!
Rinda

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I love this.