Altered Boxes

I had a friend visiting over the weekend and we managed to craft most of the weekend. We did a variety of projects, but today I'm going to share our altered boxes. Using a newsprint background, we did an embossed resist on the paper and then brayered ink. The boxes were then decoupaged with a satin finish. We didn't have time to do anything more with them. But I think I like mine, the small one, just as it is. It's not often that I get to craft with a friend and we just had a wonderful time. Do you have friends that you're able to craft with regularly?

4 Leave a comment:

Capescrapper said...

I wish I did Julie!
The boxes are fantastic!
Love the masking!

Katrina Gelino said...

Wish I had a craft nut to make stuff with too. Love the boxes mom! They'd make a nice gift. *hint* *hint*

Maria Ontiveros said...

oooh. The blue one is my favorite.
Rinda

Amanda said...

Forget the hints... I want one!!! :) Love it mom!