Distress Powder

The challenge this week at Studio L3 is to use Tim's  distress powder technique from his recent book 'Compendium of Curiosities'. I used several colors of distress powder on this image and the background is from his original distress ink technique.

I must admit, I feel like I'm cheating a little this week. This piece was done 2 years ago and has been sitting in various places in my home since. It's such a simple piece, but I still love it today.

12 Leave a comment:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Julie, it's gorgeous! You're not cheating at all-- you used the right product that right way, and that's all that matters. I'd have hung this in my home, too. It's absolutely beautiful, and I'm so glad you shared it over at the Compendium Challenge!

See you next week??!

Hugs,
Linda

Netty said...

This is so beautiful Julie, just love all the muted colours.
Annette

Rachelle said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I would definitely hang it in the house too. I love the way the colors all blend so beautifully.

Cheryl said...

No need to feel like you are cheating. I would love to have that piece in my house. Great job Julie!

Capescrapper said...

I thought of doing that too Julie! Use a piece that I had made before. Well let me tell you something, THIS IS FANTASTIC! WOW WOW WOW!! Love the image, love the embossing, everything about it and so glad you decided to post this as your entry!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Julie,
What an amazing piece of artwork! It's like a lovely textured oil painting or something.
Rinda

Kim said...

This piece is stunning! I'm glad you chose it to show us!

donna said...

Awesome.! I am glad you have it hung on the wall.

Lori said...

It's beautiful! Great idea to use different colors of EP!

Terry said...

I love the soft and subtle colors you used. Just stunning!

CuddlyBunny said...

CHEATER!

Actually, you SHOULD show off this piece! It is BEAUTIFUL!

Limarea said...

It's a really wonderful piece of art :)