Flight of the Bumblebee

As a previous violinist, this music always comes to mind when I hear the hummingbirds. They sound like bumblebees when they hover. I was enjoying my morning coffee on the front porch yesterday and was entertained by my friends. The hummingbirds returned to Michigan a little earlier than usual this year. When I read they had been spotted 2 days ago, I was quick to make their favorite syrup and hang their feeder. Within 24 hours they had found it and I was able to relax and enjoy their company this morning. So far, I have seen 3 birds. Now, it's a trip to the nursery for their fuchsias. Ahhh...life's simple joys. I am not a photographer and these were shot with my Nikon Coolpix. The collage was made in Picasso.
Category: 2 Leave a comment

2 Leave a comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great job on the photos! I love hummingbirds, but I think we get them all year round. We have fruit trees and a variety of flowers that they like.
Rinda

Capescrapper said...

Ah yes, I am right there with you on these little beauties Julie!! Ours was spotted last Friday and I went straight to work on my feeder too! Boy they are something else aren't they! I have only seen one male Ruby Throat. But I feel the same way as you, such great company and so adorable!