Art Journal #2

I finished my 4 week online art journal class this week at My Creative Classroom. This second journal features french stitching to bind the signatures. I learned a few new techniques for my journal pages. My favorite would be the glue crackle, which makes interesting striations. This type of stitching allows for the journal to lay absolutely flat. I intend to use it as a travel journal for my trip to Greece this fall. I'll wait till I return to decorate the cover, as I'm sure there will be some wear involved as I use it. Have you ever used a travel journal? Do you have any tips on things to include?

2 Leave a comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I put lots of manilla envelopes into my travel journals to store ephemera. I also put in itineraries.
Rinda

Capescrapper said...

Oh this is fantastic, and I just love doing that glue technique to make crackles!
I guess for me when I have done a travel journal it was more about writing everything that happened each day so I would not forget all the amazing details. So maybe some little notepad or line papers or maybe a stack of journal blocks (pre stamped) that could be easily attached.

Love this!! Great job!