Distress Ink & Glossy Paper

It never occured to me to use Distress inks on glossy paper. Normally water based inks won't dry on glossy stock without embossing. Anyway, they create a beautiful background on the glossy.

I made several cards out of the piece of background paper I created. I picked these flower stamps up years ago at a small stamp store when I was traveling. I know the artist's name is Stacy, but they aren't labeled. 
 The fold on this card is a little different. I folded a 4x6 piece of paper in half and layered it up on the background, so only a 3x4 window opens for the greeting.
 If you've never tried Distress Inks on glossy, you definitely need to give it a try.

2 Leave a comment:

Capescrapper said...

Julie this is gorgeous! I didn't think they would stick to such a slick background. I guess the only thing you have to worry about is that it doesn't get wet! :)

Jen said...

Julie, pleaelse tell me how you made this gorgeous paper. Is it direct to paper or on the craft sheet or with a tool? Love it!