Casing or Inspired?

Since I've returned home, my mojo has been in hiding. I've tried on three different occasions to make a card, and haven't even been able to do that successfully. What do I do? Throw it in a pile of started but uncompleted projects and hope to be able to return to it.
 I know we all suffer from this mysterious malady now and then. So what do I do? Clean/organize my craft area, shop for more supplies, read a variety of blogs hoping to be inspired. I really needed to make a birthday card for a man, and was feeling desperate. I did finally come across a card on the Bo Bunny blog that inspired me. Thank you Irene Tan for the inspiration.
I found this card to be very stimulating visually, loved the elements and colors. Very manly, don't you think? So, I'm mulling this card around while doing mundane household chores, and then had an aha moment. I started digging through my stash, and this is what I came up with...

and then another...
 and the final one.
So, in your opinion, was I casing Irene's card, or was I inspired?
I have to tell you that after I made these cards...my mojo had returned. Now I'm ready to work on a Christmas banner swap project.

3 Leave a comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I say inspired, not casing! Different colors and only really related in symbols and feel.
When I can't find my mojo, sometimes a CS project gets me going.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Love the "courage". Awesome. Dawn

Rachelle said...

Definitely inspiring, Julie! I love what you've done here. I haven't done much with this kit and now I'm inspired too!